Australian Kei Shin Kan Karate Do commenced in Australia in 1971. Under Shihan Uchida dojos are based in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Broken Hill, Launceston and Hobart.
Kei Shin Kan follows the teachings of traditional Japanese Karate Do as passed on by Master Takazawa who passed away in May 2010. Emphasis is placed on:
- Good manners, patience, moral behaviour and a strong spirit
- Strong foundation of basic techniques
- Development of speed, power, timing, accuracy and correct breathing
- Training designed to suit each individual including allowance for factors such as age and physical capability
- Restricted sparring, gradually progressing to strictly non-contact free sparring at senior grades
- Deep study of kata techniques
Classes are available for juniors, men, women and seniors.
We welcome you as a visitor to our website and invite you to contact us if you are seeking further information.