Australian Kei Shin Kan Karate Do commenced in Australia in 1971 by Shihan Masayuki Takasaka, with Shikan Kisaku Uchida joining shortly after, both dedicated to spreading the traditional art of Karate Do. In 1999, Shihan Uchida was appointed head of Kei Shin Kan Australia and continues to oversee the dojos today.
Kei Shin Kan Karate Do has dojos internationally and nationally, with Australian dojos located in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Broken Hill and Tasmania.
Kei Shin Kan Karate Do is a not for profit dojo and is dedicated to following the teachings of traditional Okinawan Japanese Karate Do as passed on by Grand Master Takazawa. Focus is established on:
- Developing self discipline, patience, respect and a strength of spirit
- Strong foundation of basic techniques
- Development of speed, power, timing, accuracy and correct breathing
- Training designed to cater to all students, all ages and physical abilities
- Precise and controlled sparring
- In depth study of kata techniques and traditional spirit of Karate Do
Karate Classes are available for all levels juniors, men, women and seniors.
NEW – KARATE BEGINNERS COURSES.
A 12 week introductory course to traditional Japanese Karate where you will learn the basic techniques and principles of Karate, strengthening the body and mind at a natural pace.
Click here for more information
We welcome you to contact us if you are seeking further information.